August 27th, 7am-midnight: Don’t miss this all day crawl that’s bound to help you catch ’em all! You’ll travel all about South Cape Coral (on foot or other mode of personal transport), seeing everything South Cape has to offer. Participating locations will be offering exclusive specials (most $2.50 or less) to wristband-wearing participants.
Wristbands are only $5, and can be purchased in advance and any time on August 27th at many of the participating locations.
THIS IS AN ALL DAY EVENT. That means you can “crawl” for Pokemon any time, and reap the benefits throughout the day. Since you’ll primarily walk to various locations, you’ll have plenty of time to hatch those eggs!
Note that businesses have varying hours, so be sure to schedule snacks, lunch, afternoon drinks, etc. accordingly.
- Ace Hardware (8am-8pm): $5 off $25 or $10 off $50*
- Artisan Bread Company (7:30am-5pm): Free loaf of Ciabatta bread* or $2.50 off any purchase
- BackStreets Sports Bar (11am-2am): $2.50 Bulbasaur Blast
- Cape Cleaners (8am-2pm): Voucher* for $1.99 laundry service of shirts (unlimited # of shirts in a single order)
- Cape Coral Brewing Company (noon-10pm-ish): $2.50 Jigglypuff Juice
- Coconuts Neighborhood Bar & Eatery (10am-10pm): $2.50 Squiggoo Juice
- Creative Computer Solutions (9am-?): Free beverage*
- Cruiser’s Lounge (7am-2am): $2.50 12oz frozen drinks
- Dixie Roadhouse (11am-2am): No cover charge & $2.50 Scizor drink
- Dog Days Delight (9am-6pm): Free toothbrush treat & $10 coupon off a dental appointment*
- DIY Yogurt (8am-11pm): $2.50 small or 10% off any other size*
- iDoc SWFL (9am-3pm): 15% off battery packs and chargers
- Iguana Mia (11am-10pm): $2.50 House Margarita or draft beer
- Karma and Coconuts (10am-6pm): $2.50 Pokeball Charm Bracelet*
- Masterpiece Mixers (10am-10pm): $2.50 craft beer special / $5.00 off any future class / $15 “Paint Your Own Pokemon Class” on day of event only
- Military Museum (9am-4pm): Outside only – patriotic memorabilia and donations accepted – please do not hunt Pokemon inside the museum
- Monkey Bar Steak & Seafood (1pm-10pm): $2.50 Pikachu drink
- Noela Chocolate (10:30am-?): Two chocolates for $2.50 (reg. $3.75)
- Paradise Pizza (11am-10pm): $2.25 Pepperoni Pizza(chu) Slice
- Perk & Brew (8am-4pm): Pokemon Cake Pops*
- Pioneer Printing & Signs (10am-?): $10 Pokemon Go T-shirt (reg. $15)
- Rack’em Billiards (3pm-2am): $2.50 Frozen Pokey
- Ralph’s Place (10am-2am): $2.50 Ponyta Punch
- Razzle Dazzle (10am-5pm): 25% off any one item*
- Sal’s Pizza (11am-9pm): $2.50 large slice (cheese or pepperoni)
- Savvy Gallery & Boutique (11am-5pm): Free bottle of water and raffle ticket for a prize*
- Signs in One Day (9am-5pm): Free Pokemon decal & entry in drawing for stand up Pikachu cut out*
- Soul-Terra (10am-?): Free healing crystal*
- The Paint Escape (10am-6pm): BOGO $22 painting gift certificates (total $44 in certificates) + orphaned pieces for $2 to $4
- Tiki Hut (8am-midnight): $2.00 Tiki Squirtle (spiced rum, coconut rum & Blue Curaçao)
- Two Amigos (11am-11pm): (5) Mango Habanero Chicken Wings for $2.50
- Vogue Hair Studio (9am-3pm): $5 off any pro hair product, $5 off any service booked on 08/27, entry to win a free makeover
- Zak’s Jewelry (9:30am-4:30pm): $2.50 liquid jewelry cleaner or watch battery
* = One per wristband-wearing attendee.
** = Specials details subject to change. Locations may need to offer substitutions should attendance exceed projections. Business hours will be finalized on Wednesday, August 24th).
Top of page
Navigate the online map of all participating locations and charging stations, as well as all PokeStops, Gyms and Public Parking areas. Here is a direct link.
GET YOUR COLLECTIBLE WRISTBAND TODAY and one of the following locations:
- Artisan Bread Company
- BackStreets Sports Bar
- Cape Cleaners
- Cape Coral Brewing Company
- Creative Computer Solutions
- Cruiser’s Lounge
- Dixie Roadhouse
- Dog Days Delight
- DIY Yogurt
- iDoc SWFL
- Karma and Coconuts
- Masterpiece Mixers
- Monkey Bar Steak & Seafood
- Noela Chocolate
- Paradise Pizza
- Perk & Brew
- Pioneer Printing & Signs
- Rack’em Billiards
- Ralph’s Place
- Razzle Dazzle*
- Savvy Gallery & Boutique
- Signs in One Day
- The Paint Escape
- Tiki Hut
- Two Amigos
- Vision Ace Hardware
Top of page
TIPS FOR THE BIG DAY
You’re eager to get going. So are we! These tips, though, will help keep you healthy, safe and catching lots of Pokemon!
- Wear comfy clothes and shoes. Pokemon Go is a walking game, so you can expect to do lots of it. Wear comfortable shoes and lightweight clothing.
- Carry a portable battery charger (or pick one up at iDoc, which is a participating location). Some locations will serve as charging stations (and you’ll need your charging cable and adapter), but these areas can be quite busy throughout the day.
- Be respectful. Please don’t block entrances of establishments. And please do not hunt Pokemon at the Military Museum – they’ll have a booth outside for merchandise and donations. Be respectful of other players – this event is all about having fun in South Cape!
- Drink plenty of water. Water is your friend, especially when hunting Pokemon on a hot Florida day. Don’t be afraid to wear a hydration backpack and carry a sun umbrella.
- Wear sunscreen during the day! And don’t forget to reapply.
- Study the locations so you can plot out your own route and times. While the crawl is all day, participating locations are open at different hours. You can view the full map here.
- Purchase your wristband only from a participating location or SCHEA staff. These are the only ones authorized to sell wristbands and we want to make sure you have an official one.
Check back here regularly.
Top of page
OFFICIAL EVENT PAGE – FACEBOOK
IN THE NEWS!
South Cape Pokemon Go crawl set for Aug. 27 – Daily Breeze, 08/19
[VIDEO] The Morning Blend! – Fox4, 08/25
South Cape Pokemon GO Crawl – What You Need To Know – CapeCoral.com, 08/25
5 Things to Do This Weekend – CapeCoral.com, 08/25
FUNCAST: Things to do Aug. 26 through Sept. 3 – News-Press, 08/25
If you’re new to Pokemon Go (don’t feel bad, plenty are), there’s a great article at Lifehacker that explains it all. Most Pokemon Go players are happy to help, so don’t be afraid to ask questions during your quest to catch ’em all.
Top of page